Saturday, November 14, 2009

And so it begins...


I would like to warmly welcome you all to the Fit To Be Goddess . I come to you all with all honesty and humility. My intent is to help others obtain their optimal health by first helping my self. I am making a commitment to bring forth the positive changes I seek for my life.
I will use this blog to create my memoirs and as a tool for documenting my progression. I pray that some one out there is inspired by my story and uses it to help encourage them to become the change they seek in their life.

 
I am known to the public as Lotus Speaks; a spoken word artist,writer, actress and plus size model. I have recorded three albums, toured and performed all over the country. I live a "real life" as a mother, wife, sister, home maker and student. I would like to introduce you all to Nicole Benzo (the other me). I am presently attending Kaplan University where I am working toward my BS in Health and Wellness. I plan to continue on to my masters and doctorate as well. Dr. Nicole Benzo has a nice ring to it. I want you all to be around to see this. Please hold me accountable for everything that I say. 

Over the past few years I have not been treating my body well. I have allowed my self to become over weight and out of shape. This blog is dedicated to Health and Wellness in all aspects. We will be dealing with nutrition, herbology, fitness, exercise routines, beauty tips, meditation and relaxation techniques. This will be a healthy living resource center for information and motivational testimonials.Along with my degree studies, I have consulted with several fitness and nutrition experts who have agreed to share their methods of getting into shape and healing the body with us.




 
This blog is about reclaiming control over my life. It is about getting in shape, spiritually, mentally and physically. Let all of us women walk back into our godliness by reconnecting with our inner being, our true power and natural way of living.
My personal goal is to remove 200 pounds of waste from my body through healing foods and an active lifestyle. I don't expect it to be easy or with out challenge. I know that there will be a lot of hard work and sacrifices. I invite you on this journey with me because quite frankly I am going to need as much support as I can get. Walk with me on this road to perfect health.

9 comments:

  1. Wonderful intro. Being honest with the world forces us to be honest with ourselves. The 2 go hand in hand. I look forward to reading more...and walking with you.

    ~Bent Girl aka Ever

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so proud of you Lo!!! It's so crazy that you started this blog because yesterday I watched a documentary on netflix titled The Beautiful Truth. It is about the the theories of Dr Max Gerson, the health care industry and cancer. What an eye opener so check it out if you get a chance. So I look forward to reading and commenting. I hope it really catches on and I'm am on this journy with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. welcome to the blogosphere sista! it seems we have a lot in common. I look forward to building with you.
    19 Lady Khadija

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you ladies for the energy. It is beautiful and much needed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bravo! very powerfull and inspiring! im in!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i LoVe u soooo much and am soooo ready for this journey. i give thanks for YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Sun Goddess checking in. I am not ging to tell you how I finally got to post this response
    you would take my name and replace it with 'STUPID' It is too funny. Anyway I want to say that you are well on your way to your doctorate and I am very proud of you and what you have accomplished. Your commitment to your success has been unwavering and that is what it is going to take to get what you want. Stay the course-Sun Goddess

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sun Goddess again. As I shared with you I too started calorie restrcted and plant dominated nutrition prior to Thanksgiving.When I took mom on a crusie of her Christmas and started back to eating three meals no meat because the food was sooo good and available. I noticed that I had difficulty thinking,meditating and my body ached. I had a revelation during meditaton that overeating may be the reason there have been very few if any obese people who have become great people in history. Digesting food and the types of food we consume just takes too much body energy and blood flow especially from the brain. Fasting does the opposite that is why you are feeling experiencing so much enery and brain productivity. Keep up the good work-Sun Goddess

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi my name is Selina.I am a friend of Cleaster for many years. We had lost contact for a good part of those years but God is Good and brought us full circle a here we are again. She asked me to look at your blog which i've done and it's so encouraging. Thank you for your honesty. The times are changing and it is time for us to change also from our own ways. Taking control of our lives and becoming exactly how you both have put it BEAUTIFUL GODDESS's as intended I don't know you personally but any friend of Cle's is a friend of mind. Keep up the good work & may God Bless us all.

    ReplyDelete