Friday, November 20, 2009

The Naked Truth...


This was me, January 7, 2002, young single and childless. Do you see my double chin? No? Ha, that's because I only had one chin then.  No back fat, no flapping armpits and only one stomach. (I wasn't skinny but being skinny has never been a goal of mine)


What happened to me? Two babies, various birth controls, a divorce, depression, malnutrition, overeating, poverty, in activity and the complete separation from myself and my inner goddess.


Over the past seven years I have gained a little under 200lbs. I know what you are thinking, I thought the same thing when i finally stepped on a scale after three years of completely avoiding them. How could I do this to myself? How could this happen? The answer is simple, this weight gain came from me not taking care of myself. It is sad but true. I am a real woman with real issues and  I have decided to get up and do some thing about it.  I wasn't sure exactly of how to get started. I was unclear on what steps I should take, but I knew that something has to be done. So, I decided to got to school for Health and Wellness. I figured my education will help me get to the root of my problem. Throughout my degree program I will be learning the scientific foundation of exercise and fitness, nutrition and stress management. My goal is to obtain optimal health through a healthy lifestyle. I chose to blog and share my experiences so that maybe you all can be inspired to start your own fitness journey. Come on ladies, let's do this together!




So I wanted to see what 364 pounds looked like, so I can remember and never come back here again. I had my husband take some naked photos of me. (not sexy photos). This is as real as it gets. The honest truth and I needed to face that reality and confront the issue head on. It took me a week to muster up the courage.



This photo was taken on November 11, 2009.
Through out this process I will periodically add photos of my progress.


As I look at this photo, I am visualizing myself at my ideal weight and body fat percentage. I am seeing myself without the love handles, the back fat, the double chin and all the extra things i have acquired over the years. This was scary at first, but posting this picture actually feels good.


Okay so know that we have been properly introduced and I have shared this vulnerable moment with you. Let's get down to business. The first order of business is to get out the house. It is time to incorporate more activity, into our sedentary lifestyles. Come on let's go for a walk.


Let's listen to some inspirational vibes while we walk.
Download for free!

2 comments:

  1. This is looking really good. I am excited to see the path that it takes. You are a bold spirit and this is sure to give strength to you and those you serve - including me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this takes tremendous courage sista!

    ReplyDelete